|Origin & Designer||[@designer]|
|Crew||7 (Commander, Gunner, Aimer, Three Loaders & Driver)|
|Main Armament||1 x 105mm L/22.5 M4 Howitzer|
|Elevation||-10.5° to +42.8°|
|Turret Traverse||25.4° Left & 26.3° Right (Manual)|
|Secondary Armament||1 x .50 cal M2HB Heavy Machine Gun (AA Mount)|
|Ammunition Carried||126 x 105mm & 990 x .50 cal|
|Combat Weight||21.000 kg|
|Armour||Upper Hull Front: 13mm.|
Lower Hull Front: 13mm.
Upper Hull Sides: 13mm.
Lower Hull Sides: 13mm.
Hull Rear: 13mm.
Hull Top: 13mm.
Hull Bottom: 13mm.
Howitzer Shield: 13mm.
Open Gun Compartment.
|Engine||Twin Cadillac Series 44T24 (Petrol)|
|Transmission||8 Forward & 4 Reverse|
|Maximum Road Range||124 miles (201 km)|
|Maximum Cross Country Range||100 miles (161 km)|
|Maximum Water Range||[@maximum_water_range]|
|Maximum Road Speed||29 mph (48 kph)|
|Maximum Cross Country Speed||15 mph (24 kph)|
|Maximum Water Speed||[@maximum_water_speed]|
|Notes||The M37 was designed as a replacement for the M7. It was mounted on the chassis of the M24 light tank which gave it better mobility than its predecessor the M7 and mounted the improved M4 105mm howitzer. It had an open superstructure similar to the M7 and carried a .50 cal HMG in a raised gun turret. It was first issued in 1945 and came too late to see action in World War Two. Production numbers never equalled that of the M7 but it saw service in Korea War. It was finally replaced in front line service by the M52 HMC, but remained in use with the US National Guard.|