|Origin & Designer||[@designer]|
|Crew||3 (Commander, Driver & Assistant Driver + 7 Troops)|
|Main Armament||2 x .50 cal Heavy Machine Gun|
|Secondary Armament||1 x .30 cal M1919A4 Machine Gun|
|Ammunition Carried||700 x .50 cal & 7.750 x .30 cal|
|Combat Weight||8.706 kg|
|Armour||Upper Hull Front: 13mm.|
Lower Hull Front: 6.4mm.
Upper Hull Sides: 6.4mm.
Lower Hull Sides: 6.4mm.
Hull Rear: 6.4mm.
Hull Top: Open.
Hull Bottom: 6.4mm.
|Engine||White 160AX (Petrol)|
|Transmission||4 Forward & 1 Reverse|
|Maximum Road Range||198 miles (320 km)|
|Maximum Cross Country Range||175 miles (282 km)|
|Maximum Water Range||[@maximum_water_range]|
|Maximum Road Speed||45 mph (72 kph)|
|Maximum Cross Country Speed||9 mph (15 kph)|
|Maximum Water Speed||[@maximum_water_speed]|
Year: October 1943
M49 Ring Mount for .50 cal M2HB Heavy Machine Gun plus three Pintles extra .30 M1917 Machine Guns
|Notes||The idea was based on French half-track designs that was acquired by the US army in the interwar period. The US army required a vehicle that could be used a personnel carrier and as an artillery tractor. After early prototypes they finally merged the hull of a M3 scout car with running gear based on a caterpillar tracked truck called the T9. The resulting M2 design was used as an artillery tractor and a reconnaissance vehicle with facilities for weapon storage. They had a skate rail to mount the various Machine guns, but had no rear door so access was from over the hull sides. They were built by White, Autocar and Diamond T and saw action in the Philippines, North Africa, Sicily and Italy.|